Tours and Tastings
“Behind the Scenes” Tour and Barrel Tasting11am daily | Limited to 8 guests | Approximately 1.5 hours
- An in-depth experience perfectly suited for collectors and enthusiasts! You’ll be warmly welcomed by one of our senior wine educators. With glass in hand, we’ll tour the grounds of the estate, imparting the importance and impact of our unique setting and history, our diverse vineyards, and our extensive processes employed in crafting our celebrated wines. While in the cellars, we will sample wines directly from the barrels that house them as they continue to evolve and develop. We next move to a formal, seated tasting of the current releases of the wines tasted in the cellars. Select artisan cheeses accompany the tasting in one of our private tasting salons.
- $85 per person / $70 per Wine Club Member. Advance reservations required. Tax inclusive.
Note: Limited, private presentations for groups of 6 -10 (maximum) are available at other times for $95 per person. Inquire via email at TourTaste@ChimneyRock.com
1pm Monday – Friday | Limited to 8 guests | Approximately 1 hour
“Discover Chimney Rock” Tour and Tasting
- This tour shares the magic and history of this “valley within a valley” that is home to Chimney Rock Winery. The walking tour will introduce you to our beautiful Cape Dutch-inspired estate winery. Stroll through our original barrel room and our state-of-the-art winemaking facility and where the real magic happens—in our spectacular vineyards tucked alongside the palisades. The tour concludes with a guided, seated “taste of the terroir” to present four red wines (current and library vintages, as well as a vineyard-designate wine) in one of our private tasting salons.
- $55 per person / $45 per Wine Club Member. Advance reservations required. Tax inclusive.
Note: Limited, private presentations for groups of 6 or more are possible at other times for $65 per person. Inquire via email at TourTaste@ChimneyRock.com
“Ganymede” Private Tour & Casual Luncheon (for groups of 4 – 10)
This exclusive experience was named to honor one of our most treasured blocks of estate Cabernet Sauvignon — Ganymede, fabled cup-bearer to the gods. You and your guests will embark on a private, guided tour of our estate vineyards and cellars with one of our winery ambassadors. After touring, enjoy a seated tasting of our wines and luncheon with continued wine service on our veranda (weather permitting).
- Private experience for parties of 4 – 10 guests. Approximately 2 hours
- $130 per person / $110 per Wine Club Member. Advance reservations required. Tax inclusive.
"Palisades Preview" Seated TastingTaste our skillfully blended Stags Leap District Cabernet Sauvignon and our limited production, single-vineyard designate Cabernet Sauvignons. Enjoy great wines and breathtaking views of the palisades while seated in our courtyard by the soothing fountain. Your wine educator will guide you through the tasting as you learn about our history, our wines, and the famous Stags Leap District.
- Reserved, seated tasting experience in the Chimney Rock Winery courtyard.
- $65 per person / $55 per Wine Club Member. Advance reservations required. Tax inclusive.
Palisades Society Member Tours
Members of our wine club may enjoy complimentary estate tours by appointment, Monday – Friday at 10:30am or 3:00pm, based on availability. Lasting approximately 45 minutes, we tour the property and move to the bar for a complimentary tasting. Advance reservations required.
Our intimate and picturesque Tasting Room is open seven days a week from 10:00am until 5:00pm with the exception of some holidays (New Year's Day, Thanksgiving Day, and Christmas Day). A variety of wine flights are available, starting at $35. Parties of fewer than eight guests may visit us at leisure, without a reservation. Parties of eight or more may make a reservation by clicking below.
Phone: 707.257.2641 ext. 3218